Republic of the Philippines
UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN PHILIPPINES
University Town, Northern Samar
COLLEGE OF NURSING
UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN PHILIPPINES
A world-class University serving a progressive region with an agro-industrial economy propelled by an empowered people enjoying peace and harmony in an ecologically-balanced environment.
The development of learners into honest, hardworking, competent, efficient, and effective accelerators of progress imbued with an enlightened sense of nationalism and strong commitment to service.
All plans and actions of the University and its respective college objectives must be guided by the core values R-I-P-E, which stands to mean:
R- for Relevance. All our plans and actions must be relevant to our vision and mission.
I-for Integrity. Honest beyond reproach. Respected, trustworthy and admired. Public officers and employees must all times be accountable to the people, serve them with utmost responsibility, integrity, loyalty and efficiency, act with patriotism, and justice, and lead modest lives.
P-for Productivity. Our output must always be equal or if not greater than the investment of the National Government.
E-for Excellence. Our work must always yield beyond the average. It is the result of the right mix of knowledge, skill and attitude.
UEP COLLEGE OF NURSING
The UEP College of Nursing was established by virtue of Board of Regents Resolution No. 9 s. 1991 of the University, dated February 5, 1991 as authorized by R.A. 4126, converting Samar Institute of Technology (SIT) into the University of Eastern Philippines.
A dynamic Center of Excellence for nursing education.
The implementation of a relevant and responsive nursing education that caters to the integral development of the whole person.
· Excellent instruction, research, extension and community service.
· Globally competitive graduates.
· Enlightened social consciousness, a profound sense of commitment, genuine compassion, and a strong sense of nationalism, integrity, and professionalism.
Upon completion of the basic baccalaureate degree program in Nursing, the graduates will be able to:
- develop a sound philosophy of life that is sensitive to the health needs of the individual, family, and community.
- assimilate knowledge acquired from languages, humanities, natural, social and behavioral sciences and nursing theories in their performance of duty in varied health care settings.
- work interdependently with other health team members utilizing the nursing process.
- get involved in health related research activities and utilize findings for the improvement of health and health services.
- assume responsibilities for personal and professional growth.
- apply therapeutic communication skills in dealing with clients and other team members in various health situations.
as an integrated whole, striving to attain and maintain physical, spiritual, intellectual, socio-cultural, and psychological homeostasis, aware of their strengths and weaknesses in their interaction with the individual, family, and community.
is a fundamental right and responsibility of the individual and the state. It is a dynamic process occurring in a continuum in which the individual adopts to internal and external environmental changes in order to maintain an optimum level of functioning of valued task.
is the art of applying scientific principles in a humanitarian way in the holistic care of individual, family, and community aimed at preventing illness, promoting and restoring health, alleviating human sufferings and helping clients face a dignified and peaceful death. While utilizing the nursing process in assisting clients cope with problems arising from varied health-illness situation, the performance of such professional duties should be in conformity with existing laws, and generally accepted principles of ethical and moral conduct.
adheres to the thrust of the Commission on Higher Education to provide excellent instruction, research and community services, in order to develop a seriously committed, competent, compassionate, confident, proactive and responsible citizens in varied settings.
A well-rounded program of liberal education dealing with national issues and global concerns that practices social equality, social justice, and social consciousness is afforded to the students in the inter-disciplinary settings.
Thus, the UEP CN is created to provide moral and intellectual training in a democratic milieu through the:
· provision of learning facilities;
· provision of clinical experience and training; and
· opportunities that would finally transform the students into worthy and useful members of the society as versatile citizens and leaders who will preferentially serve the Filipino people.