Republic of the Philippines
University of Eastern Philippines
University Town, Catarman Northern Samar
Academically competitive, research and development-focused and fiscally strong public higher education institution.
To offer academic programs and services that will effectively transform individuals into productive citizens of the country and accelerate the development of high-level professionals who will provide leadership in meeting the demands of sustainable development and challenges of a diverse and globalized society.
College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences
1. To enhance the relevance of UEP’s academic, research, development and extension programs in light of national development thrusts and international standards;
2. To strengthen the University’s resource generation capacity in order to provide sustained support for the implementation of new and existing academic, research and extension programs, projects and activities;
3. To ensure transparency and integrity in managing its programs, systems and resources in keeping with the national thrust on moral ascendancy; and
4. To broaden access to the University’s quality programs and services to students especially the poor but academically deserving and to the community.
GOALS OF THE ACADEMIC UNIT
- Excellent instruction, research, extension and community service
- Globally competitive graduates
- Enlightened social consciousness, a profound sense of commitment, genuine compassion, and a strong sense of nationalism, integrity, and professionalism.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
Upon completion of the basic baccalaureate degree program in Nursing, the graduates will be able to:
- Develop a sound philosophy of life that is sensitive to the health needs of the individual, family, and community,
- Assimilate knowledge acquired from languages, humanities, natural, social and behavioral sciences and nursing theories in their performance of duty in varied health care settings,
- Work interdependently with other health team members utilizing the nursing process,
- Get involved in health related research activities and utilize findings for the improvement of health services,
- Assume responsibilities for personal and professional growth, and
- Apply therapeutic communication skills in dealing with clients and other team members in various health settings.